Engine: In pieces, but largely ready
- block: thoroughly cleaned, primed and painted
- head: just need to lap valves in, measure cylinder
head volumes etc., and rebuild. All parts ready
- cams: waiting for new ones to arrive. Standard ones
- pistons & rods: rods need to be balanced. Pistons
- sump: cleaned, primed and painted
- oil pump: cleaned and checked
- water pump: cleaned and checked
- carbs: cleaned and rebuilt (currently 40DCNFs on Alquati
- crank: new core plugs, balance with flywheel and clutch
cover and pulley
- flywheel: have to select flywheel and clutch from
spares, reface flywheel and balance with crankshaft.
- other fixtures and fittings have either been cleaned,
painted where necessary, or replated.
- exhaust: CSC system ready
Transmission - standard (for now) - clean, check and
refit. Driveshafts need checking.
Brakes: - all off-car bar discs and master cylinder.
Have cleaned and painted or replated some components.
Have to overhaul calipers
Suspension - currently on the car, but I envisage just
cleaning, stripping, painting and refitting. New bushes
likely to be required.
Steering - new track rod ends certainly required, steering
rack boots probably needed and thats about it.
Body - the biggie...
Electrics: wiring loom largely in good condition, but
many items will be pruned from it as no longer fitted
to the car.
Trim: Have VX coupe seats ready to install. Dash -
not a particular fan of the standard dash so looking
at alternatives. Some exterior trim needs replacing.